is a Sinclair ZX Spectrum Emulator for the Amiga.
It is coded in 680x0 assembly langauge and is intended to be authentic and easy to use.
A feature list for ASp, and some things on the "todo" list.
If you use this program and discover a bug, PLEASE tell me about it!
Thanks go to:
- Stephen "FBlit" Brookes for his help with RTG and other OS graphical issues.
- Thomas "Thor" Richter for his excellent MuTools package and his extensive help with using it!
- Martijn "void" van der Heide (maintainer of WOS) for his support and advice.
- Martin Blom for help with AHI.
- Tomas Hauerland for beta testing.
- Andrew Deacon for OS4 beta tests.
- Chris Young for OS4 tests and support.
- Russell Glover for tests and enthusiasm.
- Luca "Hexaae" Longone for bug reports and enthusiasm.
- BKJ/Vulture for beta testing.
- Tomaz Kac for speed testing.
- Jools "Buzz" Smyth for general tests
- Neil Whitehead for speed tests.
- David "Bishop" Cripps for endlessly beta testing early versions.
- Mario Sarno for early general tests and support.
- Simon Goodwin for the mention in AF! :-)
- Gerard "Hacker" Sweeney for support and enthusiasm!
- And everyone else who has offered advice, information, help, or just said "hi"...
(23/07/07) - ASp 0.89b
Just a small update.
This version fixes problems using ASp as the default tool for snapshot icons. It also fixes
(again!) a problem where the GUI button states get confused if the emulator fails to allocate the
To celebrate the July '07 OS4 update with improved Petunia JIT, this ASp release has all
OS4 JIT-related workarounds removed. It therefore must be used only with the
latest OS4 release if you intend to allow JIT for ASp (highly recommended!)
This is an exe-only update. Download the full V0.89 package first if you haven't already done so!
(04/05/07) - ASp 0.89
Well, it's a bit late for the 25th Anniversary unfortunately, but better late than never!
This version adds Kempston Mouse support, a 48K key-overlay help image, and
will load .ZLS images from the ZX-Live emulator. There's also a fix for a side-effect of
the lowlevel.library OS4 workaround from V0.88.
Thanks to Chris Young and Dmitriy Zhivilov for their help with this one.
(02/01/07) - ASp 0.88
Happy New Year to everyone!
Here's a small update to ASp, mainly to fix some compatibility issues with OS4 Final:
A few changes not related to OS4 are also included. See the version history for details.
- The 68K JIT compiler (Petunia) in OS4 Final doesn't like ASp,
so a workaround has been included to cover the problem. This is mutually exclusive with the OS4 Update 4
workaround released previously.
- ASp's use of lowlevel.library can cause lock-ups unless "AmigaInput.library" (from Update 4) is also present.
ASp 0.88 contains a check for this, and LowLevel functionality will be disabled unless AmigaInput is installed.
Special thanks go to Chris Young for his assistance with the OS4-related stuff on this one.
THE SOFTWARE AVAILABLE FROM THIS PAGE IS COPYRIGHTED FREEWARE.
IT MAY NOT BE MODIFIED, REVERSE-ENGINEERED OR DISTRIBUTED FOR PROFIT.
All Spectrum ROM images are COPYRIGHT AMSTRAD PLC. who have kindly
given permission for free distribution for use with Spectrum emulators. Please do not abuse this privilege!
Note, some of the earlier versions of programs and documentation make reference to old URLs for this site
(www.greew.freeserve.co.uk or web.ukonline.co.uk/iang/)
Please ignore this information and use http://www.lasernet.plus.com instead.
- Latest version:
- ASp V0.89b (46 KB LHA) (Executable only. Download V0.89 archive for other files)
- ASp V0.89 (174 KB LHA) (Full archive, includes ROMs and docs)
- Selected previous versions (full archives):
- ASp V0.88 (167 KB LHA) (Previous full release)
- ASp V0.84 (146 KB LHA) (Last version to require MMU for 128K)
- ASp V0.82b (158 KB LHA) (Last version before use of AHI for sound)
- ASp V0.75b (40 KB LHA) (Last version before support of RTG)
- Spectrum ROM images are required, and are included in the above archives where stated.
- Thor's MuLib package is recommended for 128K mode (not OS4/UAE/MOS) and is NOT in the above archives.
- Optional extras:
- Example Filetypes (2 KB LHA) for DOpus.
Associates snapshot files with ASp. Thanks to Craig Daines for the idea!
- BlazeWCP (UK Aminet link)
by Rick Pratt. System speedup patch for AGA chipset, which benefits ASp. Strongly recommended!
- XFD package (UK Aminet link)
Decruncher package. Allows ASp to read compressed files.
Visit The Official World Of Spectrum for anything and
everything to do with the ZX Spectrum.